• Recognize sudden cardiac arrest as an overlooked public health crisis
• Advocate for training the next generation of life savers to Call Push Shock
• Support AEDs wherever youth congregate with a written and well-practiced plan to use them
• Advance preventative heart screening to identify the 1 in 300 at risk from an undetected heart condition
• Affect policy and protocol to evolve state prevention standards
Our coalition advocates for evolving the standard of care for sudden cardiac arrest prevention in youth by elevating the critical need for preventative heart screening, AEDs wherever youth congregate, and preparing youth and youth communities to respond to a cardiac emergency.
We envision a California that prioritizes sudden cardiac arrest prevention in youth by championing initiatives to teach, train, equip and screen to protect young hearts.
The California Chapter of the American College of Cardiology has aligned with the California Youth Heart Coalition on advocating for better prevention standards and supporting bystander CPR/AED action.